What is new in PPDB:
- The latest maize genome high confidence gene set (39,475 genes and 63241 gene models; version (Plant Ensembl v3.21; FTP site ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/release-21/plants/fasta/zea_mays/pep/) incorporated into PPDB. Bi-directional BLAST search results to Arabidopsis thaliana (TAIRv7), rice (v7), PFAM domains, subcellular localization predictions (TargetP) and protein transmembrane predictions (TMHMM) are available.
- The latest rice genome assembly from Orysa sativa, spp Japonica (cv Nipponbare) (56143 gene and 66495 gene models; FTP site ftp://ftp.plantbiology.msu.edu/pub/data/Eukaryotic_Projects/o_sativa/annotation_dbs/pseudomolecules/version_7.0/all.dir/) (Kawahara et al 2013 Rice 7) is incorporated into PPDB. Bi-directional BLAST search results to Arabidopsis thaliana (TAIRv7), maize (4a.53 and 3.21), PFAM domains, subcellular localization predictions (TargetP) and protein transmembrane predictions (TMHMM) are available.
- New experimental proteomics data and updated protein annotations for Arabidopsis seedlings and chloroplast stroma from wild-type (Col-0), single and double null mutants in CLPS1 and ClpC1, as well as CLPP3 are available from our studies (Nishimura et al, 2013, Plant Cell 25, 2276-301 and Kim et al (2013) Plant Physiology 162, 157-79)
- New experimental proteomics data and updated protein annotations for Arabidopsis seedlings and chloroplast plastoglobules (PGs) from wild-type (Col-0), double null mutants in ABC1K1 and ABC1K3 are available from our study (Lundquist et al, 2013, Plant Cell 25(5), 1818-39
- Updated annotation of >1550 plastid proteins available for maize and Arabidopsis (from Huang et al 2013, J. Proteomics Res. 4, 491-504)
- Curated Arabidopsis proteomics publications are added to PPDB (totaling 158 studies)
- The Arabidopsis database is updated to TAIR v10 (27416 genes and 35386 gene models; FTP site ftp://ftp.arabidopsis.org/home/tair/Sequences/blast_datasets/TAIR10_blastsets/)
- Experimental data are available underlying the study" Reconstruction of metabolic pathways, protein expression and homeostasis machineries across maize bundle sheath and mesophyll chloroplasts; large scale quantitative proteomics using the first maize genome assembly" (Friso et al 2010, Plant Physiology).
- Gene annotation of maize genome sequence release 4a53 is loaded into PPDB. Reciprocal BLAST results between maize, rice and arabidopsis is available.
- Subcellular localization predictions, PFAM domains and physiical-chemical properties are listed for each 4a53 maize protein.
- New NAR paper describe PPDB database and software. (PMID:18832363 )
- Gene annotation of maize genome sequence release 2b5 is loaded into PPDB. Reciprocal
BLAST results between maize, rice and arabidopsis is available.
- TAIR provides links to PPDB for each Arabidopsis gene locus.
- curated assignment of plasma membrane proteins (Ath).
switch the database to Arabidopsis genome annotation v8 - MS/MS data used for the PLOSONE paper are all researched against v8
- incorporation of a large scale chloroplast proteome analysis of Arabidopsis - this includes subcellular location and post-translational modification analysis (published in PLOSONE, Zybailov et al.)
- experimental data on the comparative analysis of maize bundle sheath and mesophyll membrane proteomes available - published in (Majeran et al., 2008).
The name of PPDB is changed to Plant Proteome Database
We have captured data from 58 proteomics publications (Arabidopsis and
). The data set have been deposited into PPDB.
newly curated location based on experimental evidence for hundreds of plastid
proteins, including nucleoids, ribosomes, and plastoglobules.
new experimental output parameters: experimental sequence coverage from
internal MS data, subcellular localization based on GFP/YFP for >1000
proteins - from the SUBA database.
experimental protein sequence coverage display by internally mass
spectrometry data (via 'pop-up' windows on each protein page report). -
experimental MS/MS data on the peripheral and lumenal proteome of A. thaliana -
published in (Giacomelli et al., 2006).
experimental data on the plastoglobule proteome of A. thaliana available -
published in (Ytterberg et al., 2006).
Arabidopsis gene models are updated to TAIR v6.0. All MS/MS-based proteins
identifications published since summer 2004 are reanalyzed against v6.0.
experimental data on the oligomeric stromal proteome of A. thaliana available-
published in (Peltier et al., 2006).
experimental data on the comparative analysis of maize bundle sheath and
mesophyll chloroplast proteome available - with unique display of comparative
quantitative information on each protein report page - published in (Majeran et
Arabidopsis: TAIR v8.0
Maize: AZM v4.0 & ZmGI v16.0 (from TIGR)